Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 42: Call

Well, I suppose it is time to make this announcement official.  I will be attending Candler School of Theology at Emory University in the fall! 

I am entering into Candler with the intention of ordination and ministry in the United Methodist Church and service in the Alaska UM Conference.  I am still exploring the ways that God is shaping my call, and I hope to tailor my vocation to focus on service to God, people, and the environment.  Though the specific type of ministry in my future is still unknown, I see this call as an extension of baptism; a venture to work full time as a laborer in God’s plentiful harvest.  I hope to serve as an active leader in Christian faith formation to develop intentional global citizens, while also delving into deeper conversations about the complex issues surrounding science and religion.

I am very excited to join the community at Candler, and to live out my call to ministry through seminary.  It was not an easy decision to make, but I am confident that God will walk with me through the process.  I’m so thankful to have friends and family to support me along the way!

Love you all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment