Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goodbye Alaska

It is very late at night, or very early in the morning… depending on how you want to look at it.  I suppose this could be one of those the-glass-is half-empty-no-it’s-half-full kind of things, unless you’re stuck in an airport waiting to leave home, in which case the glass is most definitely half empty.  It’s half empty 1) because it’s 2 o‘clock in the morning and I’m tired and would honestly rather be anywhere else than in the Anchorage airport, and 2) because I’m leaving home to go back to school, and not that I don’t like school or am not having a good time or anything, but that I really like home, and don’t really want to leave again just yet.

But since I don’t have any power to change any of that at the moment, I may as well try to focus on the positive things, such as, the rows of chairs don’t have armrests, meaning I can lay down if I ever finish this post, provided of course that I don’t fall asleep, which would not be good at all.  Another good thing is that it is not snowing, or hailing, or sleeting, or anything else that could delay this flight even more.  It is only about 10 degrees out, and foggy.  Which of course means ice crystals floating in the air and results in a horafrost on every surface a centimeter or two thick, which is a lot when considering frost.  This brings me to the fact that I love horafrost and I think it is one of the most beautiful things in the world and one of the many reasons that I love Alaska. 

And while I would love to dwell on the multitude of reasons that I love this great state, I feel like it would be beneficial to both my physical and emotional health if I postponed this topic for a while and instead took a little nap.

So I leave you now my friends, in the hope (and dread) that tomorrow at this time I will be waking up to get ready for my calc and differential equations 2 class.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck getting back to school! I've been living on an average of 3.5 hours of sleep this past week, and while its not fun, it kind of is. I have faith that you will love college once again, and something else to cheer you up? YOU ARE COMING TO VISIT ME IN 48 DAYS (you get here Feb 26 right?) AND I AM SO EXCITED WE NEED TO HAVE SKYPE PLANNING SESHES SO WE CAN MAXIMIZE COOL-STUFF POTENTIAL AND OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME MY DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete