Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Monday, March 7, 2011

Cake is a sometimes food, pie is a way of life


This post I’ve been meaning to write for a while, but since I never got around to writing much in the month of February, and I have time now because I’m a plane, I’ll turn it into an overview my three favorite parts of February.


The Beanpot

Every year Boston College, Boston University, Harvard, and Northeastern play each other in “The Beanpot,” a hockey tournament held at the Garden.  Northeastern hasn’t won in 23 years or something like that, and Boston College is ranked number 1 nationally, and has won the majority of recent tournaments.  We played Harvard for our first game, and won to advance to the finals versus BC.  Everyone assumed we would be crushed, and was so surprised when regulation play ended and it was tied 6 – 6 with Northeastern a viable threat for the title.  Unfortunately BC scored first in sudden death overtime and won 7 – 6.  The next week however we played BC in the “Dog House,” Matthew’s arena, and won, which was sweet revenge, though still disheartening that it hadn’t happened the week prior.


The Beanpot of Comedy

I’ve written some other posts about Northeastern’s NU & Improv’d, the improv comedy club on campus.  Sometime in February they hosted the “Beanpot of Comedy” and preformed with three other schools.  The title of this post is my favorite line from that night, originating from a debate, a serious debate, over which is better – cake or pie.

In honor of that debate, and taking into consideration the fact that the debate is still not settled, I have added a poll on the right side of this blog.  Please vote!


The Northeast Quarterfinal A Cappella Championships

This blew me away.  I had never seen an a cappella group perform prior to this, and between Northeastern, Harvard, Boston College, Boston University, and Berkley School of Music for my first a cappella concert I think I got one of the best.  Berkley won the competition, and they should being a music school, but each of the groups that performed did a spectacular job in my opinion. 


That’s all I can remember at present from February, my mind is too full of everything that happened over spring break.  But seeing as it’s March now I’ve got even more to write about*, before the tsunami of work and studying hits me full on!


*If I survive this week.

2 comments: