Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pay it forward

Tonight I went to pick up Gigi* and had to wait awhile in South Station for her train to arrive. I noticed two things:

1) Apple is taking over the world. Seriously. Every single square inch of advertising space in South Station was completely devoted to Apple and the iPad. There were so many advertisements they were even hanging from the ceiling. It’s like, you think people would get the point and still hear about the iPad and what not with only half the amount of advertising they do. But then again, they are one of the most profitable businesses of all time, so they must be doing something right.

2) A man was walking around asking for money for a train ticket. Now this isn’t necessarily an abnormal site for a train station, at least in Boston, but still it isn’t something you really want to be happening. I’m conflicted whenever this happens, I want to give money and help them get home, but I don’t want to give money and have them go buy drugs or something. But how do you know the difference? I guess sometimes you have to just take a chance. Which is why my heart warmed when I overheard another man approach and ask how much more he needed for the train ticket, and conclude with “pay it forward.” That simple, random act of kindness; maybe it doesn’t turn out that great, but maybe it does. You’ll never know, you just have to take the chance and love.


*Which deserves a post all to itself, I am so excited she is here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment