Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Key to Happiness


This is difficult to write in an optimistic-you-can-be-happy frame of mind as I sit stiff at my computer unable to move my neck more than about 30 degrees in any direction.  But I suppose it is one of those take your own advice moments.

I am the captain of my future.  I firmly believe that I have the ability to make myself happy.  Sure, situations are going to arise that suck, and I will find myself in periods of despair and sorrow, however my ultimate happiness is what I make of it.

If I don’t like where I’m at, change something.  It doesn’t have to solve everything, it may not solve anything, but it’s a step in the right direction, and eventually things will get better.

I don’t have the answers to all of your problems; you do.


“It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ~ Albus Dumbledore


No comments:

Post a Comment