Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Hyannis Marathon

I meant to put this up a while ago, like February 26th when the marathon happened, but better late than never!

Here are some pictures from my race!

At the start with Annalise and Katherine!
(And SUPER awesome sign)

I'm off!  And SOOO EXCITED!!!

At the halfway point, still going strong. 

FINISH!!!  Less ecstatic, more thankful.

Tee shirt, finishing medal, and race bib.

The course map, the marathoners ran it twice!

All in all I’d say it was a good race.  The course wound through residential areas on the cape with periodic stretches along the coast.  It was a beautiful day, perfect for running, and only windy part of the time.  I hit perfect splits at 5 and 10 miles, may have gotten a little ambitious towards the middle, but still managed to finish in my goal time of 3:56!  Thank you to everyone who cheered me on, both near and far.  I got a PR by 20 minutes, and am already planning how to shave another 20 minutes off and qualify for the Boston Marathon.  2015 here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I love the first pic i'll have to steal it when I have a pc. And you are a running superhero! I will totally be there to photograph the boston marathon in 2015! LOL

    ReplyDelete