Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Monday, April 16, 2012

Wonder-Full Joy


“So be truly glad!  There is wonderful joy ahead… You love him even though you have never seen him.  Though you do not see him now, your trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.”
~ 1 PETER 1:6, 8

Thank you Lord!  Thank you for this day!  I am here because of you, I am living because of you, and I am free, all because of you.  Thank you Lord for spring, for new life and hope.  Thank you for the sun, for light in the world and joy.  Thank you for friends, for companionship and love.  Thank you Lord!

Spring is a time to be full of wonder, and full of joy.  It is a time to marvel at God’s creation blooming into life right alongside the Resurrection.  It is a time to burst forth in song and praise rejoicing in the light.

I noticed in a Bible study a couple years ago that throughout the Psalms, my Bible differs from others periodically with the use of the word happy instead of blessed.  “Happy are all who take refuge in him” (Psalm 2:11).  “Happy are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the way of the Lord.  Happy are those who keep his decrees, who seek him with their whole heart” (Psalm 119:1-2).  Happy brings on a whole new feeling when used instead of blessed.  Sure I can say that I am Blessed, and I am.  But changing that word out for Happy… and all of a sudden I can relate to it in a whole new way.

I am happy.  I am joyful.  I am full of life! I am blessed. 

I am filled with joy that is full of wonder, how glorious is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment