Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Monday, December 9, 2013

Mi Familia

But truly God has listened, he has given heed to the words of my prayer.  Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me.
            ~ Psalm 66: 19-20

I spent a month in Monteverde living with a host family as part of my Spanish class.  This was more of a challenge than anything else, as at that point I still spoke very little Spanish, and my family didn’t speak any English.  It made for some interesting communication!  I have since become more confident in my Spanish (though I’m sure my grammar is just as terrible) and am able to converse a little more fluently. 

Naomi, Lorenzo, Malory, Katherine, Yolanda, and me!

Here are some pictures of where I lived!

Afuera de la casa

La sala

La cocina

Mi dormitorio

Our final activity for Spanish class was a presentation for our host families.  My class (Elementary Spanish 1) sang Vivir me Vida, currently a popular song in Costa Rica.  People clapped and sang along.  Afterwards I told my family I was ready for the next Karaoke night.  They liked to sing a lot.

Patrick, Allie, and me singing Vivir mi Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment