Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Art of Blogging

I have never in my entire 18 (almost 19!!) years of life even thought about the possibility of creating and maintaining a blog.... my reasons for this you ask??  Simple enough.

I never have considered myself a writer. Though at times I have enjoyed putting my thoughts to paper (or a computer screen....), I most frequently associated the task of writing with work.  An assignment.  Something I must do.  NOT a voluntary creation of what ever I feel like.  And certainly not a blog. 

So why then is this here today?

Valerie.

That's it.  I owe this all to her. (we'll see if this lasts.... in which case Valerie you can genuinely be proud, if not, then you may laugh at my meager attempts when we are both 80 and sitting in rocking chairs on the porch) 

Anyhow, if successful, this will document my life.  The life of Emily Grace Ripley.  A way for all of you whom I care about but are thousands of miles away to stay connected to my life and the ins and outs of whatever I experience and care to write about.  (Very vague I know, but as I said earlier this has been created with no apparent reason in mind (other than so i can comment on Valerie's Blog), so it will just have to evolve into some purpose other than having a point from the get-go).

So that's it for now i suppose.... enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to be the inspiration of your blogging habits. Watch out--if you have to much free time it can grow to an addiction. Being addicted to several television programmes (yes, I spell like the British) and also to buying cheap shoes, I know the signs. :) I would also like to say, I think YOU ARE A WRITER. You don't win a statewide speech writing contest on the grounds of not being a good writer. Just saying.
    Miss you! BARUCH IS IN FAIRBANKS?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI EMILY! I like your blog! Isn't Val good inspiration?

    ReplyDelete