Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Living in the city definitely has its perks.

Here are some highlights of the past week:

Boston Common Tree Lighting

Unlike tree lightings that I’ve been to before, this time my nose didn’t freeze off.  We joined the hundreds of others in Boston Common for the annual Christmas tree lighting.  Hot chocolate, Christmas carols, smiles all around…  The perfect way to kick off the Christmas spirit.





The Nutcracker

I had never actually seen this performance before.  I honestly felt a little out of place walking into the Boston Opera House Saturday to watch a performance of the Nutcracker by the Boston Ballet along with parents and lots and lots of little girls in dresses.  However the experience was just as special for me as it was for them I am sure.  I loved it!





No Limits Dance Crew

A Northeastern group that performed Saturday night.  I had my fill of the arts that day.  However I’m grateful that I could go!  The group of about 70 girls and 2 guys had some pretty spectacular numbers spanning just about every genre of dance. 





The Blue Man Group

Oh my goodness one of the best performances of my life!  Seriously the only place you will need a poncho to protect you from the banana slime and paint and come home with a souvenir of toilet paper.  If you ever get the chance to go then DO IT! Totally worth it!  An exceptional display of light, music, magic, stunts, and of course comedy, the Blue Man Group brings it all. 




And that is how I have spent my last week here.  In culmination with the final episodes of Chuck season 3, and the last few classes of the semester.  A week and a half! Then home for me!

2 comments:

  1. In regards to the first photo:

    Dude. Black jackets must be, like, THE THING there.

    In regards to everything else: I'm very jealous. I love that you are taking advantage of living in an awesome city with so much going on! (but of course, still leaving room for Chuck) When you finish that series, I have a few I'm pretty sure you'll love. AND SPEAKING OF LOVE, I LOVE YOU!

    PS: What does the word 81 mean to you?! THE NUMBER OF DAYS UNTIL YOU VISIT ME! (give or take a few...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, that sounds like SO much fun!
    that's AWESOME that you get to live in such a cool city, it must be an amazing experience.
    But I get to see you next weekend! And that's better (for me, at least) then all these things combined! Because I miss you!

    ReplyDelete