Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

There’s no place like home

There really is no place like home.  And I am so very happy to be back.

Things change.  Everything changes*.  And for the most part change is usually good.  Except when things like the lock on the front door changes so I’m locked out of my house at almost midnight…  But other changes, such as a garage door opener (unless you can still think you can still manually lift the garage door – like me) and a clean room are good changes.  It’s fun to see in how just 4 months, so many things change.

I love my church.  I really do.  I love everything about it.  From the glass window cross behind the alter, to children’s moment every Sunday (which included a moose in the nativity scene this week – only in Alaska…), to being welcomed right back into the choir as if I never left.  It’s where I grew up, my home every Sunday morning for the last 19 years, and I didn’t realize how much I missed it and everyone in it. My church changed.  They knocked out a wall in the kitchen, but that’s a good change.

Speaking of moose.  I knew I was home when less than 24 hours after got here a moose stood between me and my car preventing me from leaving.  I missed this place!

Another random thing.  I played the most amazing game last night.  Telephone Pictionary.  Instead of verbally passing a message around the circle, you pass an alternating phrase or picture.  The game starts with everyone writing a phrase.  Then you pass it to the next person, who illustrates the phrase with a picture on the next piece of paper.  The third person has to write the phrase again – or what they think the phrase it – based only on the picture the second person drew.  This continues all the way around the circle back to the original person when “one, two, knuckle my shoe” turns into “close the door,” and other such things.

So yeah, that’s pretty much all there is to this post.  I’m just glad to be home!


* Except God, but that’s a different post

1 comment:

  1. hahaaa :)
    you with the garage door, all "how do you OPEN it???"
    aand the moose. haah. I told that story to all my friends in MN, and they were like "AAHHH that's soo scary!"
    EMILY. I'm so glad you're back and I'm back and we're back :)

    ReplyDelete