Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Sunday, June 15, 2014

5/7/14 -- Road Trip Preparations

Dear Caitlin,

Hello!  Since you have specifically requested blogging for this road trip, I will be writing this first letter to you.  You see, bringing a computer and editing photos on the go can be quite difficult in the middle of nowhere in the desert, but letters can be written from any location. A wonderful reality of letters!  So this trip will be recorded in letters to dear friends and family from both Aidan and I, and they will then be compiled on the internet and completed with pictures when we find some time on a rainy day after our trip is complete.

We will be heading off tomorrow morning (I think Aidan wants to leave earlier than I want to get up, but I’m sure we will figure it out and I can always sleep on the drive!).  The day has been spent running round to various stores to get last minute items and food.  We’ve been to REI at least twice (the sales guy thinks we are regulars) and may stop in Colorado Springs on the way out once more tomorrow.  But we are getting close!  And have made quite a mess of the living room…

Gear staging area

The only things left on the agenda are to write down directions, pack the car with the gear, and make chocolate chip cookies! (Because obviously that is the most important item to bring on any road trip.)  We are getting excited!

I keep having issues because most of my camping experience is in Alaska, where the sun doesn’t set, it will probably be below freezing at night, and as soon as you step out of your car you will be swarmed by mosquitoes.  It is a good thing Aidan keeps reminding me that it is hot in the desert, there are no bugs, and we will DEFINITELY need a headlight/lantern as the sun will surely set in this area of the country.  This will be something new to me…

I think that is about all of our notable preparations thus far.  I look forward to sharing our adventures with you and the rest of the world soon!  I think it will be a pretty great trip.  I’m sure there are things we have overlooked or forgotten, and they will probably make for funny stories down the road (literally). 

For now I am thankful to be out of school for the summer where we won’t have to worry about physics anymore.  I hope you are having a great time in Maine and are able to spend some time outside!

Looking forward to seeing you come fall.  Take care, and God bless!

Your friend,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment