Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Costa Rica

I can now say that my summer is over.  School will begin tomorrow in San Jose, Costa Rica.  While I am extremely excited to be a real biologist in the rain forest, I am also quite a bit terrified.

People have told me that they are awed that I am able to find God in even the hardest of circumstances.  For me, it’s less of an “I see God there” and more of an “I am lost and scared and the hope of a Savior is the only thing that can get me through this.”  I don’t pretend to have a rock-solid faith, I falter and I question all too often.  I neglect my relationship with God when I need it the most.  And still I know that God is by my side. 

That is kind of what I feel like as I take off from the United States.  As I take off, leaving behind the people who love me, bound for an unknown destination.  I should be excited, but truthfully, I am scared.  When the plane lands I’ll be in a new area, with new people, a new language, and new experiences. 


I know that everything will be ok.  I’ll make friends, I’ll learn about the rain forest, I’ll even learn a little bit of Spanish.  And God will be with me, holding my hand, the entire time.  And that is about all that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment