Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Monday, August 19, 2013

Lost and Hope


Two of my favorite adventures of the summer were Lost Lake and Point Hope.  The weather, the scenery, and the people made both of these excursions absolutely wonderful!  Although Hope is at the end of the road in the middle of nowhere, I have actually been there a few times.  I camped there with the Birchwood interns a couple years ago, and I had my confirmation retreat there.  I really enjoyed coming back and exploring the town and mountains again with the Chase family!  Here are some pictures of the Point Hope trip.


The town of Hope is to the right.

The Chase family


Best jumping picture ever.



The fact that my mom joined me on the Lost Lake hike made that day even more fantastic.  The hike, though long, is not really that hard.  The 16-mile hike only gains about 2,000 ft. elevation, and the trail winds through the woods up to rolling hills that can only be compared to the Sound of Music.  We had a wonderful time!

The whole group!

Alaska :)

Seward in the distance

Mom and the dogs heading towards the lake

Are you allowed to have a sign pointing towards Lost Lake?

Another beautiful day!

Mom and Kelly

The most beautiful lunch spot in the world

Having so much fun!



I highly recommend both of these hikes if you ever get the chance!  I had wonderful summer in Seward and I was sad to have to leave.  Thanks to the Chase family for making my stay so great!  Thankfully I know that God has many more adventures in store for me that I can’t even begin to imagine.  Good-bye Alaska!  I will miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment