Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful 4

Seeing as today is Thanksgiving…

I am thankful for family.  For being able to fly down to Maryland and stay with my grandma; for spending the day with my aunt, uncle, and cousins; for phones that allow me to talk to my mom, brother, and dad who are so far away; for love that only grows stronger with distance.

I am thankful for friends.  For those who have been there since before I can remember, and still remain by my side; for those I can call in the middle of the night and know they will be there to listen; for those I can share all of my quirkyness with, and won’t think any less of me; for those who put up with my constant teasing, and yet always retain a smile; for those who answer their doors an average of 3 or 4 times a day when I’m hungry, and most of the time come with me to find food; and for those who after months of silence due to the busyness of life, will jump right back into conversation as if no time was spent apart in the first place.

I am thankful for faith.  For Jesus who died for my sins so that I may live; for God above to lead me and guide me; for the Holy Spirit who lives in me; for knowing that I am always loved and looked after; for knowing that my life has a purpose and a plan; for others who join me in fellowship and praise.

I am thankful for freedom.  For being able to speak my mind, share my religion, and write my thoughts; for living in a country where safety and security are not things I have to worry about constantly; for having the ability to make my own decisions.

I am thankful for food.  For the certainty that my plate will be full; for the abundance that is shared with others; for being able to eat my fill; for the delicious taste of home cooked meals; for pie.

I am thankful for fun.  For laughter shared around the table; for stories told; for memories reminisced; for good times to come; for the hope joy brings; for smiles.

I am thankful for knowledge, and the opportunity to go to college and learn.

I am thankful for technology, that keeps me connected with those I love.

I am thankful for books, and the untold mysteries they hold

I am thankful for music, for making my own, and listening to others’.

I am thankful for sports, that I am able to run and play.

I am thankful for pictures, that capture a moment so that it may be remembered.

I am thankful for the sun, that warms our earth and faces.

I am thankful for nature, the beauty and complexity of our world.

I am thankful that I am here today, alive and well, breathing and happy, surrounded by those I love in a warm house with enough to eat and I pray for those less fortunate than myself, that they may find comfort in these difficult times, and hope for the future.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I'm thankful for YOU, and that I can still stay connected with you despite distance and time, and that you will visit me as well! Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooooo thankful for you Emily. You have brought light and life and energy and thoughtfulness and love into my life since day one. You are beautiful in so many ways. Keep loving life and sharing gratefulness. You will always be happy.

    I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete