Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 12: Celebrate

It’s Sunday! 

Confession: I was really confused why this word Celebrate was being repeated again here, then I noticed that it is repeated SIX times in this Lent photo a day thing.  Then I realized that it is repeated every Sunday.  I thought this strange for awhile… Then I remembered that during Lent, Sundays are the feast days!  They are days to celebrate, a “mini Easter,” and a reminder that through the fasting and purifying of Lent we are moving ever closer in preparing for the celebration of Easter.

Today I am celebrating food!  Not just any food.  This is cheeseburger pie.  This is a recipe that my grandma sent me.

I love food for many reasons, the most important being that it tastes good and you can share it.  This pie has both of those qualities.  My grandma shared this recipe with me, and I shared this particular pie with friends.  If that isn’t reason to celebrate then I don’t know what is!

God gives us so many reasons to celebrate, each and every day.  Through a delicious shared meal we are finding nourishment, but we are also deepening relationships and enjoying the company of another.  Praise the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment