Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 18: Speak

I don’t know how to paint.  Well, I do know how, but I am not very good at painting.  For me, painting is not how I speak.  I speak through writing, I speak through words, and sometimes I speak through silence. 

Each of us has a unique way to speak.  Sometimes this voice inside has to be coaxed out a little.  Sometimes other people can’t understand our version of language, and that can be very frustrating.  Sometimes we don’t have the tools to speak and make ourselves heard.

One of the wonderful realities of an omniscient God is that God can speak in every language.  It does not matter where you were born or how you express yourself, God is in tune with your very being, and listening to anything that you have to say or show.

I walked outside one day this summer in Colorado and God had painted on the sky.  The colors spilled and overlapped each other, swirled and mixed together in patterns and in freedom.  And I knew that God was speaking.  Am I listening?


No comments:

Post a Comment