Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 39: See

One summer I climbed about a dozen mountains in Alaska.  Each climb started off as a gorgeous day, but without fail each time I approached the summit the clouds rolled in.  The result is a summer photo album of peaks surrounded by clouds.  These clouds were incredibly frustrating.  Instead of the sweeping views of valleys and distant mountain ranges, all I got was a blank screen.

I like to see.  And these clouds obstructed my view, keeping me from my mountaintop vista experience.  Of course, I still had a great time on each adventure, and plenty of reasons to hike these peaks again, but the clouds were somewhat of a disappointment.

We can’t always see all that we wish we could.  Different kinds of clouds obstruct our views.  Sometimes these clouds are our making, other times they are out of our control.  Either way they prevent us from accessing the prize that we desire.  What are the clouds in your life?  What can you do to either embrace their presence or clear them away?


No comments:

Post a Comment