Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 14: Near

I moved to Boston four and a half years ago, from Alaska.  Let me tell you, Alaska is a long way away from Boston.  Living so far from family during this time has been challenging, and more than once I have wished to be magically transported home from Boston, or cried leaving on a plane from Alaska.

With family so far away, I had to find new ways to make home seem near.  I found friends who I could enjoy life with, I reached out to distant relatives in the area who have been so supportive and helpful, and I found a ministry group to sustain my faith and well-being.  And I gave thanks for telephones, skype, and airplanes that made the distance more bearable.

We all go through times when home is a long way away, either physically or emotionally.  When this happens, how do you make home near?


No comments:

Post a Comment