Pages

"And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:9-11

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 25: Search

I am in Atlanta, Georgia, about to visit Candler School of Theology as a prospective student for this fall.  On this path to follow God it sure feels like I am doing a lot of searching to try to find where God is leading…

This search can feel frustrating at times.  Like God called me to this service, then allusively hid from sight as I flounder to make decisions alone.  So many factors play into this decision to go to seminary, and so many of those factors don’t seem to line up evenly.

The search, the careful deliberation, is part of the process.  It might be the part of the process that I dislike the most, but it is a part no less.  A search indicates an unknown, and an unknown can be scary.  Change is rarely comfortable, mostly because with change we are moving form the familiar to the unfamiliar, from the known to the unknown. 

So as I search, I pray that God will lead me, I talk to others who can guide me, and I reflect inwardly on where my heart yearns.  I know that wherever I go to school I will be fine.  As my mom puts it, “you are at the center of a giant wheel, with spokes radiating in 27 different directions, and all of them lead to bright futures.”

So where to next?  Alas the search continues… But I’ll know on Wednesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment